The move to manufacturing semi-metallic coaches
In 1948, metal was incorporated into the coaches and the first handcrafted semi-metallic vehicle was launched on the market, which represented an extraordinary step forward in design and innovation.
In 1950 the first “rubia” was built, a rancher style pickup with an elegant and advance design. In 1951 the first double decker coach was body built and it caused a great impact for the novelties incorporated in designed and finishing.
1952 saw another great step forward with the application of the semi-metallic structure to a chassis by the German firm Büssing, using a wooden frame fitted with metal joints and covered externally with sheet metal for the first time. This city bus introduced some innovations that stemmed from the Irizar brother’s expertise.